If you are considering homeschooling, then you are fortunate to live in the Austin Area where many resources are available for homeschoolers. We believe homeschooling is an investment in your children’s future and a worthwhile endeavor for the whole family. Listed below you will find resources to answer your questions, help you make an informed decision, and will get you started on your homeschooling journey. If you are committed to homeschooling, please check out our Join page to see if RRHOME is a good fit for you.
Homeschooling does not have to be be expensive. Check out these free online resources.
- Ambelside Online Ambelside is a free homeschool curriculum designed to be as close as possible to the curriculum that Charlotte Mason used in her how private correspondence and private school.
- The Baldwin Online Children’s Literature Project The Baldwin Project seeks to make available online a comprehensive collection of resources for parents and teachers of children.
- Lit2Go: MP3 stories and poems is a free online collection of stories and poems in MP3 (audiobook) format.
- LibriVox has volunteers who record chapters of books in the pubic domain and release the audio files back onto the net.
- Starfall helps learn with phonics.
RRHOME does not endorse these organizations referred on the links below. This list is for your convenience only.